As companies began to incorporate Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) into their strategy and processes, there has been a spurt in the demand for services connected with CSR projects. Companies realised that funding and implementing isolated and fragmented initiatives have not been effective. So, the first challenge was to evolve a comprehensive CSR policy and identify key thrust areas which align with the company’s overall business plan and strategy. Secondly, companies often lacked internal expertise to run full-fledged CSR programmes. Moreover, running programmes with one’s own staff was not cost-effective either. We at ISRF provide a range of support services and end-to-end solutions in the area of CSR projects. It starts with consulting and advisory services in the area of policymaking. We work with companies in tweaking and fine-tuning CSR policies. The next step is to translate the policy into actionable projects and programmes. This involves conducting preparatory surveys and studies and followed by project design.
- Thrust areas for CSR projects – in alignment with business policy and practice
- Identification of target communities – Direct and indirect
- Selection of implementation partners – with proven track record and due diligence
- Budgeting and resources – linking money spent to tangible and measurable impact on communities and long term benefits for the company and its brand
- Project management – Minimising delays and cost overruns
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation – Measuring effectiveness
The CSR programme in the field of agriculture mainly focuses on income enhancement of marginal paddy farmers through mechanized cultivation. Training, exposure visit and demo farming activities are carried out to overcome their beliefs and make them use machineries for the transplantation and weeding process. This reduces the drudgery and increases the yield of the crop there increases their income.
Skill training is also given to the farmers to develop alternate employment opportunities. Tuition program for computer and English subjects is conducted for the children of the marginal farmers to increase their knowledge and education.